Monday, October 30, 2006

Kali test

I thought it was about time I took a peek at Kali 1 on singularity, just to see how much has changed. It has been a while since I was on the test server and wasn't sure if my account would still be active on there. So I made a copy of my EVE install and patched away to the latest test version, and hit connect...
The nice new queue system told me that the cluster was currently full, but I had been played into the login queue at position #379. No problem, I'll go and do some ratting with an alt in low sec to kill the time, I thought to myself. Anyway 3 hours later and I am number 107 in the queue, so I go have some dinner, eventually I am #1 and hit connect. D'Oh! forgot to use all lower case letters for my login details, booted out, #400 in queue.... At this point I gave up and went to bed.
I tried again the next morning, and jumped right in at number #3 in the queue, connected after about 2 minutes and right into the character selection screen. I couldn’t get any further than this as all 3 systems where my 3 characters are located were all offline or in the process of starting up so I couldn’t log in again.
Not to be put off I resolved to try again the next day; next day next problem… There appears to have been a small patch overnight that wasn’t available for download, so it’s a version mismatch today. But hold onto your pants, what’s this a rollback? I now have the current version installed and away we go!!
Still no joy, I think Dodixie must be on some heavy sedatives as its always starting up when I try to connect to the test server, never mind, I will give it a go later today, and hopefully have a little update for you all once I have played for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home