Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Operation Invention

This blog is starting to become like so many other blogs on the internet, with updates coming few are far between. Well this time I have a valid excuse, I have been in hospital getting cut up by the doctors. Well in my time away not much has changed within EVE. Dev’s are still being accused to cheating and fixing things, with very little or no proof, the flame wars on the forums still carry on. You would think the average age and IQ of EVE players were both 14 from half the ranting on the official forums, if there is a God, bring back EVE-i.
So what have my minions in EVE been up to recently? I have been investing heavily into R&D and invention, bit in training time and ISK. I suppose I have spent close to a billion ISK in skills and R&D kit and spent many weeks training Science skills to a semi-respectable level. Being Gallente by descent and a fan of Caldari ship engineering I decided to centre my research around these two races technologies. Chances of success whilst inventing are pretty slim, and the chance of invention from ships is even slimmer, that said I have had enough success to make back my investment. My 1st success was with yer good ol’ staple Cap Recharger II’s, I can remember when these were selling for 20 mill plus, now they are less than 10% of that, but that’s still a huge amount of profit. Module invention seems to be around twice as easy as ship invention, with the chance of success very roughly being around 50/50 with mediocre skills.
Ship invention is where everyone thought the ISK was gonna be, but these invented BPC are nowhere near the license to print ISK that the BPO are. If you want anything more than a single or dual run copy you are looking very poor material efficiency which will rack up the manufacturing cost, keeping the BPO owner ahead of the inventors. If you want a good example o fthe great invention depression just look at the HAC prices, most notably the Cerberus. It wasn’t that long ago they were selling for 250Million plus, now we are looking at 90 mill. I wont tell everyone how much of this 90 mill is still profit or they will drop further ;-) So is this a good thig or a bad thing? As far as I am concerned I think it’s a good thing, we are now seeing the glut to the market, with manufacturers undercutting each other desperate to shift their goods. The old timers will be stockpiling materials and ships now waiting for the market to pick up again as all the wannabe HAC pilots realise they are “not as ‘ard as they fort dey waz”.
All in all invention has to be good for all, Its taken ‘some’ of the T2 BPO monopoly away from the lucky few, reduced the cost of the overpriced modules and ships, and given the average player a chance at building their own tech 2 kit.
P.S WTS Cerberus 250 Mill o.n.o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home