Friday, November 24, 2006

Salvaging

I have spent some more time on Sisi again recently, mainly testing the Rokh, which can hit from miles away with rails btw. I also got some salvaging equipment BPO’s to build a few of the new modules. These new rigs all need new components to build them, these will only be available from salvaging wrecks, but at the moment the test market is flooded with the new components. Anyway back to the Rokh testing, I have done a few level 4 missions in it, but it isn’t realy designed to be a mission boat, I expect it will be used as a Caldari sniper ship do to its nice range with rails and cruise missiles. I fitted my ship with a Salvager I, which is a high slot module, and a rig to give me a bonus to salvaging, rigs are permanent, like implants, they can only be moved from a ship by repacking it.
So when you kill a ship now you get a wreck rather than a loot can from every ship you destroy. These wrecks may not contain any loot, and may only have a chance of salvaged components, some have both. To use a salvager you need to be within 5000m of the wreck, and the wreck must have had all its standard loot removed before you can activate your salvager. Salvaging takes about 5-10 seconds, and seems to go in two cycles, as if it runs twice. Sometimes you are successful on the 1st try and you get some salvaged loot and sometimes it takes two attempts. After success or two failures you either get 1 unit of a new component or nothing, and the wreck vanishes. You can determine if a wreck has any normal loot from a distance of 5km now as your salvager will not activate and you get a message about removing normal loot if the wreck contains any.
Visually the wrecks look far better than a boring jet can, but they could still do with some polishing, they look like blown apart poly models rather than wrecks imho. I am going to test out the new battlecruisers over the weekend, I have a few sitting in my hangar to fit out and fly.
When this all go’s live I can see a big rush to be the 1st to have one of the new ships, and prices are going to be stupid, it will probably be the same with the new rigs. Even though the BPO’s are going to be on the market, the components to build them are going to be 100% player driven from salvaging, so I can see the prices being high. I plan to get a Salvager I BPO for the corp on the 1st day Kali lands, so we can hammer missions for salvage components and get in on the rig market. From memory we are looking at probably another 30-50 new BPO’s to pick from just at T1 level, so there will be lots of new modules and skills that everyone will want.
Until more testing reports from Sisi……

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home