Wednesday, November 08, 2006

ExCol Radio

I have found a new toy to play with, we have a nice shoutcast radio station now, especially for all you people. I am in the process of moving the server to a proper web host, so for the time being you will have to put up with my bandwidth, which should be ok for a few of you, but not that many. I am probably going to password protect the requests pages, mainly to keep my music library away from prying eyes.

I have just got some more advanced broadcast software, so expect some flashy cross-fades, adverts, jingles and more. I think I will set up another sub-domain for the radio stream, something like radio.bambi.ws.This is another reason for you all to go out and get a mic/headset, not only will you be able to join teamspeak but you can be a DJ too…You can DJ for free with the Oddcast plugin, available for most media players (not iTunes Bob) or I can sort you out the same software I have. As far as bandwidth for DJ’ing go’s all you need is enough bandwidth to upload 1 stream to the server, which isnt much at 96kbs or even at 128kbps its very little.

To listen go here and click the listen now link

http://bambi.ws/radio/

I have now got a proper 196kbps stream so the sound is cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home